Monday 22 September 2008

Harvest Time




On Friday I went out to visit Rob Law on his farm nearby. Rob has grown Conservation Grade oats, wheat and barley for us for over twenty years and is a real advocate of 'nature friendly farming'. However, he, like many other farmers in the UK has struggled to get his harvest safely in this year. Thanks to recent lashings of rain vast tracks of the UK's farmland have become very wet and therefore getting the crops in has been a real challenge. Rob was looking forward to finishing his harvest by today, but several weeks behind schedule. He is concerned that the delay will have set back his harvest for next year as he can't plant next years crops until this years were out of the ground.

I showed Rob our new packaging and he seemed to like it, Rob is a fan of our Natural Muesli and as he said; "When I pour my bowl of muesli in the morning I like thinking that some of the grain might have come from the land outside my window."




No comments: